Shipping & Return Policy
Shipping & Return Policy
EMF is located in Canada, which means our products have to clear customs when going across the border to our American or our Overseas Friends. We generally use UPS for shipping, they provide us with some good rates, fast times and tracking info. If your address is a PO Box, we will automatically ship it via Canada Post / USPS. EMF covers the Customs Fees to the US in our shipments so you shouldn't have to worry about a second bill when the item lands in the US.
SHIPPING TIMES QUOTED ON THE WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES SUCH AS STAT HOLIDAYS OR WEATHER DELAYS. THESE ARE OUT OF OUR CONTROL AND AT NO FAULT OUR OWN.
EMF will allow an authorized return or replacement of a product if there is a warranty issue even if you purchase from one of our Approved Dealers. If you order from EMF Online or over the phone and we make the mistake of sending the wrong part to you, please contact us directly and we will guide you through the process of the return.
All authorized returns must have an RMA number associated with it and we must receive the items back before issuing a credit or replacement. Please package items well to avoid damaging the product or the threads upon return. Shipping companies use boxes as footballs so please keep this in mind. PACKAGE WELL. Any damaged threads or parts we receive back will result in a surcharge.
You are responsible for the shipping costs of returning them and the shipping costs of sending out the new parts. Once again, we cannot stress any more - PLEASE PACKAGE WELL. Any damage that occurs during shipping due to improper packaging will result more charges to cover the replacement costs of those parts we can no longer use to resell. Please contact us first for an RMA number.
NO RETURNS ON BALL JOINT HOUSINGS, SINGLE BALL JOINTS OR CUSTOM MACHINED PRODUCTS!!!!!
EMF WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT RETURNS BECAUSE A CUSTOMER DECIDED THEY DID NOT WANT THEM ANYMORE OR THEY SOLD THEIR TRUCK BEFORE PUTTING THEM IN. WE WILL ONLY ACCEPT RETURNS IF THERE IS A WARRANTY ISSUE, DEFECTIVE MERCHANDISE OR EMF SHIPPED THE WRONG PARTS IN ERROR SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS.
RETURNING ALLEGED DEFECTIVE MERCHANDISE THAT HAS BEEN USED OR INSTALLED
Subject to the terms of our Limited Warranty, alleged defective merchandise that has been used or installed may be returned for inspection and warranty determination with these conditions:
- No returns without a copy of original invoice.
- No returns on partial or incomplete kit or used tools.
- No refunds on electrical, special order, custom made, installed parts, manuals, videos, or used tools unless truly defective.
- No returns after 30 days except for defective items.
- Returns that require cleaning or repackaging due to customer handling may, on a case-by-case basis, be charged a restock fee of up to 20%to cover the cleaning, repackaging and re-labelling of parts to resell.
- Authorization must be obtained prior to returning any merchandise. A Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number will be given to you upon approval by calling or texting 1(403)935-3540, Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm MST or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The RGA number must appear clearly on the outside of the package you are returning. All item(s) must be unused and postmarked for return within 7 calendar days after RMA is issued to customer or item(s) will cease to be eligible for credit or refund and will be refused upon receipt.
7. Please write the RMA number clearly on the outside of the package of the item(s) to be returned (NO RMA NUMBER, NO RETURN) and return fully insured and duty paid via
Canada Post / USPS to:
Returns: EMF Rod Ends & Steering Components
PO Box 619, Linden, Alberta T0M1J0
Or if shipping by UPS, Fedex, Purolator or any other company (remember it needs to be duty paid as we are not responsible for any duties or customs fees when returning your items)
EMF Rod Ends & Steering Components
825 Central Avenue W
- Merchandise being returned must come back freight prepaid, insured, duty paid in original packaging with proper protection for the parts, and with a copy of the original invoice enclosed. If the items are not insured and the shipping company loses the package, you lose your refund.
- CUSTOMS INFO
when shipping back from the US to Canada, you need to fill the customs information out properly. Ball Joint Returns - Mark them as Return/Warranty, description is "Automotive Suspension Ball Joint", value will be whatever the value is that you are shipping back to us, harmonized code is generally 8708.80 (anything suspension parts has this harmonized code) and it is made in Alberta Canada by us. REMEMBER... IT MUST BE CUSTOMS PAID. If we have to pay any customs fees, that amount comes off your return amount.
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).