**SET OF 4** EMF Dodge Ram 03-09 4WD Upper and Lower Ball Joint Kit
What if you could replace your ball joints once and never have to press the ball joint out of the knuckle ever again?
If you’re looking for something LONG LASTING, REBUILDABLE and GREASEABLE, you have come to the right place.
What is Included in the EMF Ball Joint Kit?
- 1 Pair of Upper Ball Joints
- 1 Pair of Lower Ball Joints
- Install Nuts
- Install Washer & Cup (To avoid damaging the cap and the ring when pressing the ball joint into the knuckle)
- Allen Key & Spanner Wrench (To Tighten the Ball Joints or Rebuild them in the future)
- 1 Pair of Dodge Intermediate Shaft Bushings (To remove any wander felt in the steering column – Mandatory to install for all Ball Joint Sets)
- Instructions & an EMF Sticker
STOCK FACTORY UPPER BALL JOINT SIZE – 1.8975”
EMF UPPER BALL JOINT REGULAR BODY SIZE – 1.9” (+.001)
STOCK FACTORY LOWER BALL JOINT SIZE – 1.8095”
EMF LOWER BALL JOINT REGULAR BODY SIZE – 1.8115” (+.001)
IMPORTANT!! EMF BALL JOINTS ARE REBUILDABLE AND YOU CAN TIGHTEN!!
GREASE THE LOWER BALL JOINT FIRST UNTIL THE GREASE GUN STARTS TO BECOME FIRM. THEN GREASE THE UPPER BALL JOINTS UNTIL THE GREASE GUN BECOMES FIRM. THEN GREASE THAT LOWER BALL JOINT ONE MORE TIME UNTIL THE GREASE GUN BECOMES FIRM.
ROTATE THE KNUCKLE SIDE TO SIDE TO DISTRIBUTE THE GREASE INSIDE THE BALL JOINTS. THE KNUCKLE SHOULD GO FROM STIFF AND HARD TO MOVE, TO EASIER TO MOVE SIDE TO SIDE FREELY.
NOW YOU WANT TO REPEAT THE STEP ABOVE AGAIN BY GREASING THE LOWER BALL JOINT FIRST AS MANY PUMPS AS YOU CAN GET, FOLLOWED BY GREASING THE UPPER WITH AS MANY PUMPS AGAIN. IF YOU CAN’T GET ANY MORE IN, THAT’S OK!
CYCLE THE KNUCKLE BACK AND FORTH AGAIN GOING FROM STIFF AND HARD TO MOVE TO EASIER TO MOVE SIDE TO SIDE.
IF THE KNUCKLE FEELS TOO STIFF, THEN DEPRESS THE GREASE FITTING TO LET A LITTLE PRESSURE OUT AND IT SHOULD FREE UP AGAIN.
What makes EMF different than the other Rebuildable Ball Joints on the market?
- As the years go by and miles are put on the truck and normal wear and tear happen, the Internal parts of the Ball Joints will also begin to wear. If, at any time, you start to feel Up and Down Play in the Lower Ball Joint, you simply take the set screw out of the side of the housing and tighten the Ring, then put the set screw back in, grease and you’re good to go!
- EMF Ball Joints are TRULY REBUILDABLE – Which means inside the Ball Joint housing there is a removable race and pin. This removable race acts as the wear point inside the housing, protecting it from any damage. When the time comes to rebuild the Ball Joint, there is no need to press the housing out of the knuckle. You simply rebuild the Ball Joint right on the truck by removing the set screw on the side of the body, then removing the Threaded Ring or Cap using a Spanner Wrench. Finally, you pop the internal race(s) and pin out and put the new ones in, tighten up the Ring/Cap, put the set screw back in and grease! Saving you Time and Money.
- EMF is a Canadian Company, which means we need parts that last in all sorts of extreme temperatures. EMF Ball Joints are manufactured by us in our humble shop in Alberta, Canada. EMF Ball Joints are made from 4140 HTSR Chromoly Steel and then they go through a process called QPQ Salt Bath Nitriding and this is what gives the material added strength and the smooth, long lasting, anti-galling black finish.
- We don’t believe customers should have to pay an arm and a leg for good parts so we try to keep costs as low as we can while keeping the quality as high as we can offer.
Upper Ball Joints Fit:
2006-2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD MEGA CAB ONLY
2003-2019 Dodge Ram 2500/3500 4WD
2011-2019 Dodge Ram 2500HD / 3500HD
Lower Ball Joints Fit:
2003-2009 Dodge Ram 3500HD 4WD
2003-2009 Dodge Ram 2500HD 4WD
The Install Tools for the Upper and Lower Ball Joint are to avoid damaging the Ring and Cap when pressing the ball joints into the knuckle using a suitable Ball Joint Press. They are included with each set of 4 purchased. Pics below show how the Installation Washer is used on Lower Ball Joint and Installation Cup is used on the Upper Ball Joint:
Quick Facts about the EMF Ball Joint:
- 3 Canadian and US Patents covering the design
- Rebuildable so you will never have to purchase an entire unit again, you simply replace the inner race and pin and off you go. You can do this right on the truck without removing the housing from the knuckle
- Serviceable so if you ever start to feel movement in the joint, you simply back out the set screw on the side of the cap and tighten the cap then replace the set screw. This can be done right on the truck without having to remove anything from the knuckle.
- Greaseable so you can just pump a couple squirts of grease into it around every oil change and go
- The entire unit is 100% Canadian Made by an Alberta Small Business. We have a strict Quality Assurance policy and each piece we make is numbered and logged with tolerances and measurements documented so if there is ever a problem we can look back on when it was manufactured and what the material specs were.
- EMF is the only Ball Joint with the removable race and pin (part of our patents). Competitor products have a removable pin that can be rebuilt, however the inside of the housing will wear as the pin wears resulting in the inevitable replacement of the entire unit in the future, as the pin will no longer possess a tight fit. By having the internal race and pin set on the EMF ball joint, the race will act as the wear point instead of the housing body creating a long lasting unit.
- EMF’s price point is set below the competitor pricing which is very enticing to the customer. We are not only a manufacturer and business, we are also the consumer so we wanted to have something affordable and high quality available.
- Each EMF Ball Joint unit is made from 4140 HTSR material and then sent to a metal treating facility to be Nitride Coated. Liquid Salt Bath Nitriding is a second heat treating process on the material resulting in up to a 30% strength increase as well as a beautiful black oxide corrosion resistant coating that also resists galling and does not reduce the tolerances of the pieces.
EMF Ball Joint Warranty
- Life-Time Warranty against Material and Manufacturers Defects. EMF will replace part of or the entire unit if it is determined to be an issue that falls under this category. The customer is encouraged to contact EMF directly to determine cause of fault and to receive warrantied products.
- Warranty does not cover breakage due to misuse of the product, improper installation or as a result of another component failure on the vehicle.
- EMF Ball Joints are meant to be rebuilt, which means the internal races and pin will wear over time under normal circumstances. The internal race and pin components are not covered by replacement Warranty, unless it is determined there is a manufacturer defect that caused premature wear. In order to maximize your product life, regular maintenance which includes tightening of the cap and greasing are required.