EMF Dodge Ram 03-09 4WD Lower Ball Joint (SINGLE)
Lower Ball Joints Fit:
2006-2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD MEGA CAB ONLY
2003-2009 Dodge Ram 2500/3500 4WD
What if you could replace your ball joints once and never have to press the ball joint out of the knuckle ever again?
If you’re looking for something LONG LASTING, REBUILDABLE and GREASEABLE, you have come to the right place.
What is Included?
- 1 Single Lower Ball Joint
- Install Nut
- Install Washer (To avoid damaging the cap and the ring when pressing the ball joint into the knuckle)
- Instructions & an EMF Sticker
** IMPORTANT NOTE:**
IF YOU HAVE CHANGED YOUR BALL JOINTS OUT SEVERAL TIMES IN THE PAST OR USED A KNURLED BODY BALL JOINT, SUCH AS A MOOG PROBLEM SOLVER, YOU SHOULD PURCHASE THE OVERSIZED BALL JOINTS. FREQUENT CHANGES OR KNURLED BALL JOINTS CAN CAUSE THE HOLE IN THE KNUCKLE TO GET STRETCHED, WHICH REQUIRES A LARGER DIAMETER HOUSING TO FIT SNUGLY INTO THE LARGER KNUCKLE HOLE.
STOCK FACTORY LOWER BALL JOINT SIZE – 1.8095”
EMF LOWER BALL JOINT REGULAR BODY SIZE – 1.8115” (+.001)
What makes EMF different than the other Rebuildable Ball Joints on the market?
- As the years go by and miles are put on the truck and normal wear and tear happen, the Internal parts of the Ball Joints will also begin to wear. If, at any time, you start to feel Up and Down Play in the Lower Ball Joint, you simply take the set screw out of the side of the housing and tighten the Ring, then put the set screw back in, grease and you’re good to go!
- EMF Ball Joints are TRULY REBUILDABLE – Which means inside the Ball Joint housing there is a removable race and pin. This removable race acts as the wear point inside the housing, protecting it from any damage. When the time comes to rebuild the Ball Joint, there is no need to press the housing out of the knuckle. You simply rebuild the Ball Joint right on the truck by removing the set screw on the side of the body, then removing the Threaded Ring or Cap using a Spanner Wrench. Finally, you pop the internal race(s) and pin out and put the new ones in, tighten up the Ring/Cap, put the set screw back in and grease! Saving you Time and Money.
- EMF is a Canadian Company, which means we need parts that last in all sorts of extreme temperatures. EMF Ball Joints are manufactured by us in our humble shop in Alberta, Canada. EMF Ball Joints are made from 4140 HTSR Chromoly Steel and then they go through a process called QPQ Salt Bath Nitriding and this is what gives the material added strength and the smooth, long lasting, anti-galling black finish.
- We don’t believe customers should have to pay an arm and a leg for good parts so we try to keep costs as low as we can while keeping the quality as high as we can offer.
The Install Tool for the Lower Ball Joint is to avoid damaging the Ring when pressing the ball joints into the knuckle using a suitable Ball Joint Press. It is included with each Lower Ball Joint Purchased and is MANDATORY to use during install. Pics below show how the Installation Washer is used on Lower Ball Joint:
Quick Facts about the EMF Ball Joint:
- 3 Canadian and US Patents covering the design
- Rebuildable so you will never have to purchase an entire unit again, you simply replace the inner race and pin and off you go. You can do this right on the truck without removing the housing from the knuckle
- Serviceable so if you ever start to feel movement in the joint, you simply back out the set screw on the side of the cap and tighten the cap then replace the set screw. This can be done right on the truck without having to remove anything from the knuckle.
- Greaseable so you can just pump a couple squirts of grease into it around every oil change and go
- The entire unit is 100% Canadian Made by an Alberta Small Business. We have a strict Quality Assurance policy and each piece we make is numbered and logged with tolerances and measurements documented so if there is ever a problem we can look back on when it was manufactured and what the material specs were.
- EMF is the only Ball Joint with the removable race and pin (part of our patents). Competitor products have a removable pin that can be rebuilt, however the inside of the housing will wear as the pin wears resulting in the inevitable replacement of the entire unit in the future, as the pin will no longer possess a tight fit. By having the internal race and pin set on the EMF ball joint, the race will act as the wear point instead of the housing body creating a long lasting unit.
- EMF’s price point is set below the competitor pricing which is very enticing to the customer. We are not only a manufacturer and business, we are also the consumer so we wanted to have something affordable and high quality available.
- Each EMF Ball Joint unit is made from 4140 HTSR material and then sent to a metal treating facility to be Nitride Coated. Liquid Salt Bath Nitriding is a second heat treating process on the material resulting in up to a 30% strength increase as well as a beautiful black oxide corrosion resistant coating that also resists galling and does not reduce the tolerances of the pieces.
EMF Ball Joint Warranty
- Life-Time Warranty against Material and Manufacturers Defects. EMF will replace part of or the entire unit if it is determined to be an issue that falls under this category. The customer is encouraged to contact EMF directly to determine cause of fault and to receive warrantied products.
- Warranty does not cover breakage due to misuse of the product, improper installation or as a result of another component failure on the vehicle.
- EMF Ball Joints are meant to be rebuilt, which means the internal races and pin will wear over time under normal circumstances. The internal race and pin components are not covered by replacement Warranty, unless it is determined there is a manufacturer defect that caused premature wear. In order to maximize your product life, regular maintenance which includes tightening of the cap and greasing are required.